Car accident lawyers
Have you been seriously injured in a motor vehicle road accident?
We know that getting into a road accident can be a traumatic and costly experience – one that you can’t go through alone.
And with Schreuders, you don’t have to.
If you’ve been injured, one of our expert car accident lawyers will work with you to understand your specific circumstances so that we can determine the best legal services approach that will enable us to settle your car accident claim as swiftly as possible.
We take the time to factor in all suitable lump sum claim options including:
- reimbursement for your reasonable health and medical expenses
- compensation for domestic assistance
- compensation for economic loss, such as loss of wages
- compensation for non-economic loss, such as pain and suffering.
Talk to a motor vehicle accident lawyer today. No obligations.
Call 1300 892 691
Do I have a motor vehicle accident claim?
If you are injured by the actions of another person while driving, travelling on public transport or as a pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation.
Motor vehicle accident injuries may include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Mental trauma
What should you do if you’ve been injured in a car accident?
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible and explain how you sustained the injury to the treating doctor.
- Note the personal, registration and insurance details of the driver at fault, as well as the names and contact details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Immediately report the accident to the police and make a note of the event number.
- Report the accident to the at-fault driver’s compulsory third party (CTP/Greenslip) insurance provider.
- Maintain a diary with all events, receipts, documents, and medical records.
Frequently Asked Questions...
How long does the process take?
We work to resolve motor vehicle accident claims in the shortest possible timeframe. In many cases, we can turn a claim around in as little as 12-18 months, compared to the industry average of three to five years.
When should I speak to a lawyer?
There are very practical reasons for initiating a motor vehicle injury claim promptly. Legislation in every state sets strict time limits and requirements for making a motor vehicle personal injury claim, so if you have been injured in a car accident it is in your best interests to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
How much compensation will I get?
Based on your situation, our law firm will provide an estimate of the monetary value of your claim for compensation, including the types of damage that are available under the scheme, such as:
- Reimbursement for your reasonable medical and health-related expenses
- Compensation for domestic assistance
- Compensation for economic loss, such as loss of wages
- Compensation for non-economic loss, such as pain and suffering